Blood Mage Priest
Rank: High Priest of the Secret Order of Kahir, Under the priesthood of the Arch Blood Mage, Rafael Hadrian.
Blood Mage Retinue
There are Never More than 30 within a Blood Mage Order. Tiber is a member of the Order of Kahir, with Rafael Hadrian as acting Vitaen Lich, Arch Regent.
- Apprentice (gray-Levels 1-6) 6
- Priest (brown-Levels 10-15) 9
- Blood Templar (white-Levels 16-20) 5
- High Priest (indigo-Levels 21-25) 6
- Bishop (red-Levels 26-30) 1
- Arch Regent (black-Levels 31-40+) 1
Kahiran Blood Magic
Practices -- Path of Blood
Spell Book of 120 Spells.
Blood Mages are the only creatures which command this spell book. Blood mages are members of a priesthood whose magic draws from the power of blood. The most powerful among them in a Blood Lich which rules over his retinue. They are worshippers of the Blood God Kahiran.
Note: Blood Mages can learn these powers in any order unless levels are stated, and cast any of them at current level or lower.
Kahiran Blood Sorcery
- Hold Spells: Hold – Stop Action (as called) Stop all Action - Freeze Motion: These spells Inhibit Motion and Action.
- Dimensional Crystal Globe - Casts mage into multi-verse dimension or Traps target into multi-verse dimension.
- Orb of Reversal - Orb reverses magic and attacks back on attacker
- Permanent MR Orison - Grants target permanent MR at +1% per Success.
- Remove Curse – with higher roll.
- Ultimate Curse Removal: 1 ace per 5 dice rolled required to succeed. Will remove ANY curse on success!!
- Ring of Rune Stones: Rune Stones appear to circle party, absorbing all magic and energies cast on party. Cannot be dispelled unless caster dispels it. Ward will self-dispel if any party members attack or step outside of ring.
- Distortion Disjoin - scatters a spell or volley of missiles disjoining them
- time Walk: Ability allows a mage to walk from one time plane into another.
- Shadow Walk - Folds dimensional layers as mage walks through the demi-plane of Shadows to close distance or walk on the edge of a material plane without being seen.
- Teleport - Transports Subject from one place to another using quantum wormholes in the multi-layers of space.
- Open Dimensional Gate - Opens a dimension portal from one dimension into another.
- Dimensional Shift - Shifts target / object from one dimension into another.
- Phantasm - Creates a realistic illusion.
- TRUE Phantasm - Creates a realistic illusion that can be felt, tasted and touched.
- Fabricate – A called item.
- Planar Enchantment – Enchant an item or object to contain a planar pocket or gateway, and create sentient artifacts by trapping the will of a called specter in an object or item and implanting commands and power in artifact as well.
- Create Arcane Items and Weapons – as called with learned powers at power of roll.
- Create Artifact – as called with learned powers at power of roll. All artifacts must have a set penalty with a contingency which triggers the consequence. Artifacts have a will of their own that may be a reflection of the caster’s will or the will of another being invoked by the caster.
- Neutralize Poisons – power vs.LoD of poison’s resistance to being neutralized, otherwise poison is neutralized with a successful roll.
- Enduring sleep – Lasts until dispelled by caster on a natural crit, or up to +1 day per success.
- Wraith Blood Arrow - Create a Bane Wraith or Bane Wraith Warrior by striking any humanoid target with this black and red bolt of necromantic energy which is infused with blood from their retinue's Lake of Blood, the mage's blood, and the ashes of a necromancer's corpose. Bolt shall change any living being into one of these powerful bane wraiths. (see bestiary)
- Shield from Magic: shields from magic up to +1 turn per ace or until a spell is cast by one shielded.
- Shield against Missiles: shields against magic and normal missiles.
- Fire Shield – fire shields one protected and back-flashes on attacker that come within range of +1 foot per ace.
- Reverse Polarity Shield - reverses spells on attacker.
- Shield of Invulnerability: shields against all attacks as long as no attacks are initiated.
- Prismatic Sphere of Arrest – sphere arrests target within its globe and any attempts to damage Sphere Backlash at power of sphere.
- Elemental Shield – shields against elemental attacks.
- Shield of Endurance – Stamina will not drop below 5 until shield is dispelled or the one protected uses magic.
- Blood Shield – shields from all attacks on the blood and from blood loss.
Shields last +1 turn per ace or until dispelled.
- Layer – create combo spells and complex wards by layering powers.
- Loop – Loop powers to make them resist counters as power continues to loop, perpetuating its own energy.
- Stream – stream power to make it last long (aggravated damage and lasts +1 turn per ace).
- Animate – Animate a power to keep it on the move. Makes it hard to hit with a counter spell. Negates magic HB to 0.
- Weave – weave magic to make it resist all counters but disjoin, dismantle, and arcane tears.
- Fold – Fold magic to make it hard to detect or identify while making it impervious to spells which attack concealment.
- Shatter – Shatter spells that cannot be dispelled, disjoined, or dismantled.
- Dismantle – Dismantle layered spells.
- Disrupt – Disrupts and interrupts powers and continuous powers long enough (1 turn) to tear them down or counter streams and loops.
- Disjoin – Disjoins power from its source.
- Arcane Signature - identify who cast a spell by special signatures that are unique to each mage.
- Detect Signature – with higher roll
- Conceal Signature – with higher roll
- Arcane Agent – detect and identify spells, the presence of power, signatures, marks, and seals.
- Mage’s Mark - Seals Spell, Magic Item or Glyph with Mage's mark to aid against dispels. Mark must be broken before spell can be dispelled.
- Dispel magic, Undo Last Action, Undo Effect (as called).
- Negate – Lowers the Power of a spell by roll of Negation.
- Factor - Factors a power with a called effect to enhance it by +1 success per factor.
- Proofing Spell - Proofs against dispels, enchantments, curses, dismantles, etc as called. Can be placed on Spells, Wards and Items. +1 success per proof.
- Arcane Endurance: A power imbedded with this effect lasts until it is dismantled. A natural crit and higher roll is required to shatter Arcane Endurance and the endurance must be shattered first.
 1-6: Projection: Projects Image or Images of caster into another place or even dimension at high levels. Control projections through mental projection or command.
 7-12: Many Faces of Self: up to +1 self Projections per ace
 13-18: Project Party: of up to +1 members per ace.
 19-24: Allied Arms: Project Party up to +1 times per ace.
 25-30: Livid Projection: make a projection or projections quasi-real at levels +1 per ace each in magic or combat.
 31-40: Authentic Projection: Projection becomes real and has all the same levels and abilities.
Kahiran Blood Magic
Levels 20+ only
- Authentic Illusion: Much like TRUE Phantasm only this is a more powerful version. Illusion becomes authentic through quantum projection.
- Tower of Will - Impenetrable Tower of Id, +1 Willpower per Ace.
- Crack Tower of Will - Shatter Willpower, -1 per ace.
- Scatter Arcane Weave: Target's power will be very unstable at 50% chance of failure for +1 turn per ace. Not effective against invocations but effective against arcane, wards, and area spells.
- Destroy Arcane Weave: Opposing Spell fails if used to counter a spell, or destroy a target’s ability to use magic for up to +1 day per success, also destroys wards and area spells. Creates an Arcane Dead Zone if used on an area that is not affected by magic.
- Quantum Tear - Quantum abilities or powers are damaged and quantum mages or power suffers -1 Level per ace penalty when hit with this power, -1 level per success on a crit for +1 day per ace, +1 day per success on a crit.
- Arcane Adaptation – Imbed with spells to make power adapt to called conditions via a contingency which triggers the adaptation.
Absolute Command over the Mind
- Erase Memory - Specific memories can be chosen for erasure.
- Erase Past - With erasure, erased memories leave an "echo" behind, therefore memories can be returned with correct counter.
- Obliterate Memory - Specific memories can be permanently destroyed.
- Obliterate Past Memories - Memories of past and their "Echo" is destroyed. Permanent condition.
- Implant Permanent Memories - Implant selective memories.
- Implant Permanent Past Memories - Invoker can implant an invented past in subject.
- Mental Adjustment – Boost, recover, or reduce any called mental trait (CD) but intelligence by +1 or -1 per ace rolled.
- Soul Transfer - Casts or Captures Soul into a place or a planar object.
- Soul Shred - Shreds weave of soul doing severe damage to soul. A shredded soul can not be summoned to a resurrection until it had been mended.
- Obliterate Soul - This spell destroys soul utterly.
- Vaporize Soul - Same as above but also erases Soul's Echo.
- Immure Soul - Captures and holds soul in a Sphere.
- Kahir's Abomination - Soul and mind are struck with horror fest of realistic phantasms, the target seeing themselves as though their skin is melting, and falling from their form, feeling their skin tear away and fall in shreds on the floor, while demons appear to surround the victom. Abomination can vary as Caster induces.
Essence of Life
20- Remove Essence - extract Essence
21- Absorb Essence +1 permanent Life Point per success.
22- Drain Essence -1 Life Point per ace permanently.
23- Cast Essence - Imbues target with essence at +1 Life permanently.
24- Convey Essence - Transfers essence from one target to another at +1 Life permanently to receiver and -1 Life to donor.
25- Destroy essence - Death Blow on success, destroys a target’s essence and makes a zombie of them, as life but not body is destroyed.
Ritual: Taps Required for all Kahiran Purification Spells. Using all these powers combined on a subject is known as Kahiran Purification.
Levels 21+ only
These Spells are Painful to subject (success=Damage) and do damage to caster (-5 HP to Cast + Successes=Damage} These Abilities purify target to their original state as they were born in this life at their present age. It can remove Vampirism, Lycanthropy, and Demonism in those who were sired. Blood Mages and Liches are Immune to being subject of these powers. Other spells must be infused with these spells, such as Blood Shield. Mind Shield. Temporal Shield. Soul Shield. Capture Memories. Restore Memories.
- Purification of Blood - Purifies blood of all taints, poisons (even those with anti-neutralizing) or alterations.
- Purification of Body - Purifies the body of all unnatural states and toxins.
- Ultimate Mind Purification - Purifies the mind of all unnatural states.
- Purification of the Soul - Purifies the soul completely.
- Blood to Energy - target affected gets +1 level and strength per ace on next 2 turns.
- Blood to Raw Power - Spend +1 stamina and cast blood spell for high damage.
- Blood Burn – damages, lowers strength and stamina -1 per ace.
- Blood to Magma – Deadly on crit.
- Blood to Lightning – Deadly on crit.
- Blood to Deadly Venom – Deadly on crit if target’s blood is morphed, and does indirect damage +1 per success if morphed blood is used on weapons.
Blood morph successes must exceed Blood Mage's Level.
Blood of Life
- Blood Summoning – Select creature’s blood materializes in a called container. Creature can then be summoned to their blood.
- Fuse Blood - Fuse blood of one creature with another to create unique creatures.
- Unfailing Blood Transfer – Safe Blood transfusion from one creature to another or fabricate blood and transfer to a target.
- Blood Healing – Blood radiates a power that allows mage to heal others, +5 HP per success, +10 HP per ace.
- Heal all wounds – same as blood healing but all wounds are healed.
- Restore Health – same as healing but HP, strength, stamina, and lost levels are restored.
- Corporeal Recovery: regenerates a called body part.
- Vital Essence: restores vitality and warmth.
- Restore Blood: Heals by total Power of Roll, and restores stamina and strength by up to +1 per success.
- Resurrect: +10 per success, +50 per Ace, per AR until full HP is restored.
- Restore Form: A damaged corpse is mended to condition prior to death or to a flawless state as called.
- Recover Body: A body that has been obliterated is recreated from life impressions left on the weave of the universe at the moment of death.
- Preserve Body: Preserve a corpse for a called duration.
- Summon Soul: A called soul is summoned.
- Mend Arcane Weave: Mend a damaged or destroyed arcane weave in a target or area.
This is a Special Ability very few races posses. Arcanus Vampires, Blood Mages, Blood Liches, and Demigods of Blood only! This ability allows the mage to Walk into the dreams of others and control, not only their dreams, but at high levels, allows Mage to capture the target using a Mind Gate.
- 1-[1-3] Window of the Mind: mind walker sees what target mind visualizes.
- 2-[4-6] Project Thoughts: mind walker projects their thoughts visually into another mind.
- 3-[7-9] Mental Imagery: mind walker formulates what they see, or what another sees by projecting harnessed thoughts as images.
- 4-[10-12] Projection: mind walker projects an exact image of their embodiment to a called destination.
- 5-[13-15] Incarnate Projection: mind walker projects a corporal phantom of their embodiment to a called destination and can project powers through that projection as well.
- 6-[16-18] Living Phantasms: mind walker can create corporeal phantasms as called that can not only be seen, but touched, heard, smelled, and even tasted.
- 7-[19-21] Mind Walk: mind walker can project their embodiment into a victim’s mind and make the illusions they conjure within the mind a reality.
- 8-[22-24] Dream Walk: mind walker can walk into a target’s dream to control what is seen within the dream, placing their own projection there as they weave an alternate reality out of the dream they are taking command of. What happens to target in their dream happens to them in reality.
- 9-[25-27] Mind Gate: mind walker can convey their TRUE form into the mind or dreams of a target as they weave their reality, and can also gate their victim to a called destination through this gateway between the mind, dreams, and reality.
- 10-[28-30] Dream Weaver: mind walker can weave an entire world or plane out of corporeal phantasms, formulating every detail as called and either lead their target into this world, or mind gate them to the alter-reality world they created.
- 11-[31-35] Arch Mind Weaver: formulation of commands, create magic items, artifacts, effects, spells, and wards from mind walker powers. Project multiple projections, up to +1, +1 per ace.
- 12-[36-40] Improved Power
Levels: 1-12 d6, 4-7 d6 checks
Somewhere in a castle, cavern, or fortress, an arch Vitaen Lich keeps a retinue which they instruct in their magic through rites and rituals which are often painful and test the strengths of their retinue. The members of this retinue are Blood Mages. Over time, they go through changes, which result in corruption of their bodies, through their strict, ritual practices. At first, they grow pale, and later have the appearance of gaunt humans or elves (their race). Through this metamorphasis, they become a unique kind of vampire, which have none of a vampire's weaknesses, and only a very few of their inborn advantages. The sun does not harm them, they can still eat food, they attain haste, and Kahiran Presence. They do not decline any further than the gaunt stage. These Mages have ranks, and each rank is identified by the robes which they wear. They have a strict limit to how many members can join their order and fill a rank, and like it or not, they remain at that rank of power until a brother in the next rank needs to be replaced, usually because they are slain, or leave the order (in what case their memory is altered and all secrets of their society are erased from their knowledge).
Rank | Robes | Number of Disciples
Apprentice (gray-Levels 1-6) 6
Priest (brown-Levels 7-13) 9
Blood Templar (white-Levels 14-19) 5
High Priest (indigo-Levels 20-26) 6
Bishop (red-Levels 27-32) 1
Arch Regent (black-Levels 33-38) 1
Arch Lich (red and black 39-40) 1
These mages practice a great deal of their magic in a temple called Tirhas Sûil (shrine of blood), which is usually a great tower or keep, and below this shrine, is a large pool of blood. This blood remains fresh by ancient powers which flow through the lake's deep basin of rock and the shrine above it. These lakes are many thousands of years old, and are filled with the blood of countless thousands of enemies (and sometimes unfortunate curiosity seekers) who were sacrificed over the ages to their God, Kahir. This pool is called Anûn Morsûil (lake of life), and is used for many of their most pivotal and life altering rituals, and they are made immortal through these rites of passage, while their physical forms become a sort of vessel for power.
The source of their power and life comes from the pool and empowers them with a vital flame phylactory they all share in common, their 'Heart of Fire,' which is well protected by layered shields called layers of life (1 shield per level, 100-HP per layer). These mages are difficult to kill, and if someone attempts to slay them, and succeeds in the wrong way, the mage is reborn through their heart, and are more powerful when they remanifest than before they were killed. An added 'layer of life' forms around their phylactory heart, and they gain power (+1 level), and a more normal appearance (less gaunt or pale). There are four Blood Mage orders, each with an Arch Regent Lich. The order of Kahir (by far the oldest) led by Rafael Hadrian, The order of Doom Mages (the second oldest) led by Agminon Torll, the order of Lasmoas, led by Diegva Lasmoas, and the order of Vahseva (the only female order) led by Moraela Velgosa. If these mages attempt suicide, or arrange their own death in an attempt to gain more power, the power of the Anûn Morsûil soaks all of their power, and their heart is left protected by only one layer of life. The mage's order may then decide to sacrifice the power grubber to Kahir.
Ritual of Ascension: At level 25. all Blood Mages who wish to remain with their order undergo a ritual which changes them into a Kahiran Vampire, at what time they become a Malfezian (Blood Sorcerer) as a race. These sorcerers are vampiric but unique as vampires in that they can have children, eat normal foods and do not suffer torpor effects. If deprived of blood they simply lose the ability to command their paths by -1 stamina per day without blood until they pass out with exhaustion. They can be revived with only two pints of blood and regain stamina by +1 per pint of blood consumed. Blood Sorcerers can also gorge on blood to build up their stamina above its normal range by +1 stamina per pint. Mages are bled out as they are gradually submersed in the Lake of Blood until a complete blood transfusion occurs and the lake's blood infuses them with its power and raises them as a Malfezian. This process is extremely painful. This change only works on Blood Mages because they have been sacrificing their blood to the lake, and drawing power from the lake, since the beginning of their apprenticeship.
Disadvantage: destruction of their vital flame destroys them. A specific rite must be performed to snuff the Heart of Fire. A weapon must be dipped in the Anûn Morsûil of the mage's order, and the command, "Sacrifice of the many fell the one," must be spoken while the wielder adds his own blood to the weapon by cutting their palm. The shields protecting the heart must then be broken down until none remain, and the blood imbued part of the weapon must be thrust into the mage's heart. Unearthing this secret is difficult in and of itself.
- Transient Death Advancement: +1 level, +1 layer of life, become less gaunt or pale.
- Temporary Immunity: spells which hit them affect them once, but if cast again will have no affect for 1 day.
- Layer of Life: 100-HP per layer, gain +1 layer per invalid death. Start with 1 layer. Protects their phylactory heart.
- Phylactory: Level x 30-HP.
- Health Points: Level x 30.
- Fortitude: +1 per level.
- Supernatural Haste: +1 movement per success, +1 AR per ace.
- Kahiran Presence: see below.
- 1-Shake Courage: -1 courage per success.
- 2-Stupify: subject is stupified for +1 turn per ace. No defense while stupified.
- 3-Entrance: subject is mesmerized and susceptible to mental suggestion, for +1 turn per ace. No defense while mesmerized.
- 4-Mind over Body: By overtaking the will, force subject's physical or emotional actions for +1 turn per ace.
- 5-Chaotic Mind: breaks concentration, -1 HB per ace, -1 d6 AD per ace.
- 6-Astral Projection: project self up to +1 times per ace.
Range; at up to +1 mile per ace, anywhere on same land mass with a crit, or called range with 5+ aces.
- 7-Petrify: -1 HB per ace, -1 AR per ace, -1 courage and willpower per success, lasts 1 AR per ace
- 8-Dupe: Fool the senses or mind into believing something, even the unbelievable
- 9-Hypnotic Dominance: Hypnotize someone and imbed commands in their mind which are triggered by called catalists.
- 10-Superior State of Mind: +1-HB per ace, +1 focus per success, +1 mental checks per success, +1 stamina per success as mage boosts all of subject's mental falculties to a state of perfection which overcomes flaws. Lasts 1 AR per success
- 11-Immobilize: Overcome the body through the mind to cause muscles to fail or lock up implicitly as called, lasts 1 turn per success or as called on a crit
- 12-Master of Presence: mage applies his presence to attain a called effect over the mind, spirit, or will. Create Presence Artifacts which contain the will of the maker. Enhance other powers of presence, call effects
Magic: Path of Blood (often using a blood staff)
Create Your Own Website With Webador